Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting it right

I'm not a pessimistic person but the recent loads from work has drove my emotion on a thousand miles highway drive. I didn't slept well for the past 3 days already and obviously I look like a dead walking panda trying to act high on drugs roaming in my office block. Not whining here, not a chance. I never whine due to work loads that causes stress or trauma but this time I choose to express a little because I can't find myself thinking rationally about the dealing process, the purchasing issues and how I should reply all the emails. I muted everything within my hearing range. A slightest sound from my phone or voice from my staff can left my brain partially out of focus when I'm working at this very moment.

I put down my pen, pushed away all the papers with all sorts of digit and alphabets, close my outlook and blog this on my working desk right now. Yes it is a fantstic brand new year and busy seems to be a good thing that shows your business is running perfectly well. But on the other hand when you cannot satisfy or unable to commit to all your customers, disaster falls in instantly. Too much is not always a good thing and too good to be true, you are getting frustrated someway somehow.

Ermm... just so you know I'm not looking at this situation as a dooms day. It is just a sudden emotional change for a few graceful minutes making me wanna put my work aside. Before this I was on a few airlines website checking out where I should hide myself in a foreign country. What I've learned in my working career is, it is always good to vanished yourself sometimes when you have to think about work constantly under all sorts of circumstances. When you are away from your office there is this moment that you seems to forget everything when calls and emails cannot get you. It's like off-lights dancing. And you wouldn't have to care about what's happening back in the warzone because there is nothing you could do when you're not around. Well... this is not an avoidance or whatsover, I just tend to be more centralized and effective after I placed the messy bits properly in the right compartment of my brain. This is just my phylosophy anyway.


Enough talking, I have to go to the airport in a short while to pick up my Canadian client and this is not the end. For the next two days I will have to see some people from Hong Kong before I can get onboard a flight heading for Singapore and leave everything behind for a while. These meetings will definately bring a standstill to what I have on hand that need to be done before I fly home. But it's okay... I'm going to finish it anyway. I found myself having this alter ego lately.




No comments:

Post a Comment